Colorist Work for Published Book

I had been asked by an artist friend if I was willing to consider taking on an artistic project that involved finishing ten color plates, for a book that tells the stories of six heroes of  Mexico. The artist illustrator and writer of the book passed on, leaving an unfinished book. Her friends and family rallied together and are making that legacy of hers happen-completion and publication. I rendered a few color samples of the line drawings to my friend, who forwarded them to the family. They were pleased with my style and colorways, and I was hired. Sticking as close as possible to the spirit of the artist-both in color and style-has been the major challenge. First image is the artist Bonnie's cover for the book; the next plates are drawn by her but colored by me. The artist had used acrylics on watercolor paper, and I followed that formula. The book has been published-2019-and I am thrilled to have been part of the process!
                                      





Comments